Thermal printer code generatorgenerate C code to drive a thermal printer
Made by me : Programming , Design
For an electronic project i wanted to be able to print stuff out of a small thermal printer connected to an Arduino.
The fact is, these toys ask for really specific data structures in order to print the right things. Generating images or glyph fonts data being kind of unthinkable and being unhappy with existing tools, i built my own one.
The purpose of this tool to generate C code ready for use with a thermal printer.
Also, they do not give much freedom and need a drawing tool able to export images in one specifc format in order to be able to import that bitmap on it and generate C code.
That tool is made specifically for this thermal printer and generates code that works around some eventual problems (bytes length, lines sizes, glyphs overwrite indexes, etc...) allows to :
- save and load projects configurations
- paste images on the creation
- write text on a given font, size, style
- customize the generated code
- define injection areas
- create font glyphs natively supported by and ready to be uploaded to the printer
- create images with a maximum width same as the paper's width
Try the tool here !